Preston Keelboat Club - Boat Owner’s Scheme
To support the PRESTON KEELBOAT CLUB in its mission to promote and facilitate the sport of sailing
within Preston Dock’s approximately 40 acres of sheltered, non-tidal water in the heart of our city, Preston
Marine Services Ltd. (Preston Marina) offers the following exclusive scheme to its boat owning members,
subject to application, highlights of which include;
* A large discount off Preston Marina’s published rates for mooring, launching, recovery and hard standing.
* Sail 7 days per week, 365 days per year – subject to appropriate weather.
* Marina facilities include ample car parking & showers, coffee shop, chandlery & water-sports shop.
* Members using this scheme receive a 10% discount off most purchases from the marina shop.
Mooring Prices (all prices include VAT);
Summer Season (April 1st – September 30th) = £250
Winter Season (October 1st – March 1st) = £100 (FREE WITH A SUMMER SEASON)
The above rates include up to a 4 week period ashore for maintenance in March and/or April.
All payments to be made in full at the commencement of each club season. No refunds will be given.
Additional time ashore (on boat’s own trailer) = £5 per week.
Launch / recovery (by marina crane) - 2 free lifts per season on pre-assigned “Club Lifting Days” (4 per
year). Other lifts can be arranged as per the marina’s published tariff less 25%. (= £8.47 per metre of boat
length). All lifts must be to/from the boat’s own trailer which must support the boat safely. Masts to be
stepped / un-stepped by boat owner. If the marina crane is used then the marina’s prevailing published
tariff will apply.
Empty Trailer Storage = £10 per month (multiple trailers may be stacked).
Any other services are as per Preston Marina’s published tariff.
A limited number of moorings are available under this scheme, as determined by Preston Marina and are
made available subject to application.
In addition to the General Terms & Conditions of Preston Marine Services Ltd. (available from Preston
Marina website or office) the following Special Conditions apply to this scheme;
1) This scheme is only available by application to fully paid up members of the Preston Keelboat Club and
subject to availability of appropriate marina berths.
2) Only racing-style, open sailing boats (with no cabin) with a permanent ballast keel and 20ft LOA (6.1m)
or under that have been inspected and approved by Preston Marina may be accepted under this scheme.
3) Boat’s moored at Preston Marina under this scheme may not go through the lock gates (other than
to/from the marina crane by arrangement) and into the tidal basin or River Ribble. All on-water activities are
to be conducted in the main dock basin only.
4) All boats under this scheme must be out of the water for maintenance each year for at least 2 weeks,
and this out-of-water period must include the first week of April.
5) A very limited number of marina berths are available for this scheme and there may be a requirement for
multiple boats to share a pontoon or bay as directed by the marina.
6) Co-operation and courtesy towards others users of Preston Dock including the activities of Preston
Dragon Boat Club’s is expected. This will be reciprocated.
7) All owners must ensure their boats are covered by at least a valid 3rd party insurance policy with a
minimum liability limit of £3,000,000.
8) All members should be aware that there is no safety boat on duty other than for pre-arranged events.
9) Good seamanship is assumed and it is the owner’s responsibility to ensure boat’s moored at Preston
Marina are kept in a safe condition and in such a way as to minimise any risks to other marina users or
the marina infrastructure. This includes (but is not limited to) ensuring rain or other water ingress does not
flood the boat, sails or covers do not become detached in any way, for example in high winds, mooring
lines do not become detached and that your boat has adequate fenders deployed.
Contact PRESTON MARINA;
Telephone 01772 733494